Staging your home for viewings when you are looking to sell it is very important. Not only will it help to make sure that the property sells a lot faster, but you will usually find that it can add a good bit of monetary value to the final offer. While it is always a good idea to de-clutter the space, you have to remember to be careful so that you do not de-personalize it in any way.
– Try to get rid of the excess stuff that may have started to accumulate all over your home. If possible, put the items in storage or see about donating it or giving it to a friend of yours.
– It is always best that potential buyers have the ability to picture their own belongings in a space. You want to make it easier for them so they can visualize their living space should they buy the home.
– Never make your home look generic at all as you can run the risk of making it look like a hotel. Leave some personality so that it will give buyers who are not quite so imaginative a view to what they could have in the space.
– There are always going to be buyers who are looking to buy into a lifestyle just as much as a property. You want to be able to show them the attractive side of the lifestyle that you have been living in the space.
– Bulky furniture that can make the space look small can be moved out or you could even think of giving your home a fresh coat of paint to make any space look bigger and brighter. If you are in a position where you are asking yourself who will buy my house then this could be the answer.
– Whenever possible, you want to make sure that things are fixed around your home and that everything is nice and clean. You can take the time to make minor repairs to door knobs that do not turn correctly, fill in any holes in the walls and make sure that everything looks bright, fresh and clean.
– While you are cleaning, pay attention to residue build up in the shower, take care of any limescale on fixtures and be sure that you get rid of any odors that may be lingering in different areas of your home. The goal is to make the space very appealing to any buyer that steps through the front door.
– Take a look at the exterior of your home and see if you need to have your garden areas addressed. See if any bushes should be cut back and think of having some plants spruced up. The first impression that the outside of your home will give can speak volumes to a potential buyer.
– With the kitchen being one of the most valuable rooms in any home, think about refacing your kitchen cabinets or even redo the flooring. Always have any surfaces fully free of any clutter and think about taking out some of the bulky counter top appliances.
Legal Notice - Comment Policy
Posted by James Patrick on 3:01 am, With 0 Reads, Filed under Personal Finance. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.