In the 21st century, advancement of science and technology has helped not only the humans but also the animals. Today, it is very much possible to treat different pet diseases, but with this the expense of medical care has also increased greatly. In this situation, pet insurance comes very handy. Similar to human health insurance, Pet Insurance is a type of insurance that is formulated to help the pet owner with the veterinary expenses in case the pet is injured, ill or met with an accident. It gives you a peace of mind, when you know that your pet will be taken care of in case of any medical emergency and that the day to day vet expenses are covered. In such insurance plan the pet owner is reimbursed after the pet has received the services.
You can get insurance for pets as young as of 7 weeks of age and this is of utmost importancefor young pets, be it a cat or dog, as they are most vulnerable to infectious diseases due to low immune system. Moreover, there is no upper age limit and all your pets can be covered easily. If you have more than one pet, then you can get a package insurance deal. This way you will get ease of taking care of your pet and also save money on pet medical expenses.
Always remember to conduct a pet insurance comparison, read each and every detail of the policy very carefully. A basic insurance plan will be cheap, but there will be a time limit for claim that is mostly of 12 months. When you select a pet insurance remember that different companies have different limitations and exclusions and some of these are discussed below;
- Payout for death by accident and illness, which is linked to the market value of the pet.
- In case your pet goes missing, then depending upon the policy taken there is a cover provided for advertising and reward given.
- There are many people who like to take their pets along with them on overseas travel and for such people there is overseas travel cover. This cover is helpful if while travelling the pet needs some veterinary treatment when abroad or is in an accident.
- If your pet is suffering from some existing conditions, then it will not be covered by the policyor limit coverage will be provided which is known as per condition policies. The reason for this is that the insurance companies are able to eliminate any fraudulent consumers. This way pet owner insure very young pet, even when the chances of incurring high veterinary is very low.
- For dog owners, there are policies that provide third-party liability cover such as legal expense, claimant expense if your dog injures a stranger or damages his or her property.
- Many pet owners get their pet micro-chipped so do inform the insurance company as some insurers offer a discount on the premium to be paid.