Many people are looking for ways to earn extra money. Here are ten ways to generate extra income to use in 2014.
As the New Year approaches, people set their goals for the upcoming year. In 2014, many people are going to try to find ways to generate extra income. It does not matter how the extra money will be used. Perhaps it will help pay bills or it can be used to enjoy a vacation that has been missing the past few years. Here are ten opportunities to take advantage of this year.
The economy is getting better and many businesses are hiring.
1. Get a second job. This is often the most difficult one to accomplish due to scheduling conflicts, but many may find it possible to get a second job to help them boost their income this year. You must be able to commit to the time required to work a traditional second job, however.
- 2. Find seasonal work. If you cannot commit to finding a second job all year ‘round, consider taking on seasonal work. Tax time is one way to get started and the holidays often offer temporary employment opportunities.
Work from home
Gain flexibility by finding work you can do from home.
3. Microjobs. Websites such as Freelancer and Amazon Mechanical Turk offer opportunities called microjobs. Businesses offer short tasks that people can complete. The tasks may include looking up information on the internet or simple data processing. The tasks only take a few minutes to complete and the pay is very low often only 5 to 10 cents for a task. If you can complete the tasks quickly you can earn $10 an hour or more.
- 4. Paid Online Surveys. The ads make it seem as if you can earn thousands of dollars by taking online surveys. The reality is that you won’t get rich, but you can earn extra money throughout the year if you join several survey panels. Make sure to look for legitimate surveys for money and be sure you completely understand the survey site’s payment methods and policies.
- 5. Online focus panels. Many businesses allow people to join panels that help them make decisions about the products they offer. They usually require a commitment of around 15 – 20 minutes a week. Search the internet for sites that offer these types of panels to join.
- 6. Create a blog. Many people have created successful blogs. They often write about things in which they are interested. In order to make money on a blog you need to have advertisers. There are many companies that will help you get the advertising your blog requires. All you have to do is supply content that people want to see and find a way to get people to visit your blog. It will require time to make sure you have fresh content to keep people coming to your blog.
- 7. Offer services to neighbors. Dog walking, mowing lawns, and housekeeping for neighbors can generate a lot of money if your neighbors have a need. All that is required is to let your neighbors know you are available.
One time money makers
There are some things you can do to generate extra money that is not recurring income.
- 8. Have a garage sale. Every weekend, garage sales allow people to sell things they no longer need or want. With good things to sell and the right advertising, a garage sale can make hundreds to thousands of dollars in a weekend.
- 9. Sell stuff online. eBay, Craigslist, and Amazon all allow you to sell things you have around the house and no longer need via their online venues.
Use your Kids
- 10. Babysitting. If you have children and are a stay at home parent, consider offering babysitting and after school care to some of your child’s friends. Parents pay for this service, and if you find a few kids to watch, it could help you earn extra money.
With the help of these ten ways to generate income in 2014, it is possible to earn a little extra or a lot of extra money. It all depends on how much time and effort you are willing to put into it. The more you do, the more you will make.