There are many ways to save a pound, and most of them are no brainers. Everyday our actions cost us money by simply making the wrong choices. We might not realize just how much money we are throwing away until we sit down and think about it. Let’s take a look at how making wiser decisions can save you hundreds of quid a year.
1. Going out for lunch during our working day is one of the most expensive habits to have. Why not pack a bag lunch at home and bring it to work. For only a few quid or less you can make a healthy lunch that’s also healthy to your bank account.
2. Taking a long shower can be relaxing, but in reality we are literally pouring money down the drain. A ten minute shower can save you a lot of money over the course of a year.
3. If you live near your place of employment why drive, or even take a bus for that matter? Instead you should walk to work; this will save you not only money, but your overall health will improve. This may further save you money by keeping you out of the physician’s office.
4. Buying national brands when at the grocery is really not a smart choice. Often the stores own brand is much cheaper, and the ingredients are exactly the same. Why pay more just for a label?
5. After you have returned home from the grocery, don’t just throw out those empty bags. Use empty grocery bags to line your rubbish cans. Most of the time they will fit nicely in the small to medium sized cans.
6. Cleaning products are costly, and often very harmful if not fatal in ingested. Why not save money while protecting your family by usingsimple apple cider vinegar to clean most surfaces in your home. A large bottle can be purchased for only a few pounds.
7. Are you still paying for that landline and hardly even using it? Why not contact your phone provider, and get rid of that relic from the past. You will save at least 20 pounds a month if you do this one simple thing.
8. Shop around; it’s a simple as it sounds. Before making any major purchase, check at least 5 different places. Often prices in one shop can be much higher than others.
9. Pay your bills on time. Nothing can waste money faster than racking up unnecessary charges due to late payment. If you don’t have money available to pay your bills why not see if Payday Loans Online can help.
10. Coffee shops make millions of dollars selling expensive cups of coffee. Why pay 3 or 4 pounds for something that actually costs a few coins to make. If you drink coffee everyday like most of us, you can save over 1400 pounds a year.
With these ten simple changes to your daily routine, you can save a lot of money. If you keep up these money saving habits you will be well on your way to having extra money in your bank account. Don’t let foolish behavior stand in the way of keeping your hard earned cash where it belongs; in your pocket.