“I am a builder and have forms to get certified by the VA.Where can I send them and how long does it take to get a VA certification #?”
Well, here’s the info!
- Builders are not approved by VA. They need only to register with VA to obtain a VA Builder ID number. Thus, there is no lengthy processing time and in most cases an ID number can be issued within a day or two.
- To obtain a Builder ID number, three items need to be submitted to the Construction and Valuation unit of the local VA Regional Loan Center having jurisdiction over the area in which the builder will construct property. These items are:
- Builder Information and certification: Click here to download required format
- Form 26-421 (Equal Employment Opportunity Certification)
- VA Form 8791 (VA Affirmative Marketing Certification)
- Information concerning VA builder ID# requirements can also be found in the VA Lenders Handbook (VA pamphlet 26-7) section 10.07, page 10-14
- The list of VA registered builders may be obtained at the following link: http://condopudbuilder.vba.va.gov/2.2/frames.html
ORIGINAL INFORMATION: http://www.homeloans.va.gov/bildinfo.htm